Craig started his career in 1992 as an apprentice electrical engineering trades person with Capricornia Electricity Board before commencing further engineering studies. He joined GEC Alstom in 1997 as a Cadet Test Engineer at the Rocklea Works and from 2001 to 2013 has held positions of Test Manager and Product Quality Manager. In 2013 he commenced independent consulting.
- all aspects of transformer testing, including routine, type & special tests
- investigative diagnostic techniques for transformers including failure investigations and forensic strip downs
- routine & type testing of HV & MV apparatus including switchgear, capacitor banks, high voltage motors and generators
- the design and upgrading of test facilities and equipment.
Craig provides consultancy services intended to cover specialist advice and investigation services related to Transformer Technology, High Voltage and High Power Testing.
Services are provided on today's global stage with projects completed all around the world including China, United Kingdom, Turkey, and Australia.
- Manufacture pre-qualification audits in particular in depth review test capabilities
- Development or Review of Specifications
- Design Review
- Design Review
- In manufacture inspections
- Witnessing of Final Acceptance Tests (FAT)
- Inspection of packing & Transport
- Inspection of assembly activities
- Witnessing / Inspection of Site Acceptance Tests (SAT)
- Development and or Review of maintenance plan
- Condition assessment of transformers in service
- Transformer life management strategies
- Desktop audits, Review of available data, Eg Oil Tests, Test Data
- Field Inspections
- Failure Investigations
- Determination of up rating possibilities
- Decommissioning & Disposal
Test Laboratories and Equipment
- Audit of equipment, capabilities, safety & test methods
- Specify & project manage upgrades
- Specification of test laboratories
- Provide Training